Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Bullet Point Update

I have not been recording my workouts.  Being at camp one full week, home two days and then all over the Midwest for eight days made it hard to have any kind of exercise routine.  While in Michigan/Chicago I did a four mile run and a ten mile bike ride with my dad.  Those were my only regular workouts but I did go swimming in the lake with the kids and hiking around the dunes.  We have been back for a week now, but I still feel fatigued.  My thoughts are all over the place so I will just put them in bullet points.


  • I am doing the Deschutes Dash Sprint triathlon on Saturday.  I did not get as much training is as I would have liked, but I know I can complete it. I am just going in with a good attitude and going to have fun.  I am not trying to break any records.
  • My friend asked me if I wanted to do an olympic distance tri in late August.  Part of me wants to because this is the distance I originally wanted to do in the Deschutes Dash.  The distance is not much further than what I do now in regular workouts.  I would probably have the money for it.  Part of me is sick of training and I don't want to commit to anything for a few months.  I probably should make a decision soon.
  • I did my first ride with the Salem Bicycle Club on Saturday.  We did 13 miles in the Ankeny Refuge area on country roads.  I was with all retirees and they were very sweet...and fun.  They really made me feel super welcome.  I had no trouble at all completing the ride and I biked in clips the whole time.  I am hoping to do another ride with them soon.
  • I ran with Tracy on Monday and I did a little over 5 miles.  I feel my IT band acting up again.  I think it started on vacation with all the walking and running in the sand...the uneven surfaces irritated it.  I really hope I don't have to nurse a big injury again.  I am trying to roll it regulary.  It feels higher this time like almost in my glutes.  Does not hurt at all when I bike.
  • I did a casual ride with Hailey on Sunday and we did about six miles.  I am really liking riding with the kids.  Kara is off training wheels so it won't be long when we can all bike together.
  • I have been seeking the Lord about my running and whether I should do a marathon in 2017.  If so--which one and if I should run for a cause again.  God has put Type 1 diabetes on my heart especially because my friend has two kids with Type 1--one who is friends with Hailey.  Hailey also has two camp friends with Type 1.  I've learned so much more about it.  The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation has a couple of runs and rides, but I would have to take on a pretty hefty fundraising campaign.  If my IT band continues to act up and make running miserable, I may have to switch to a ride.
  • My moods have been terrible today.  PMS stinks.  I have had the fatigue, head aches, general crabbiness. I still think of seeing a natural doctor, but not sure it is totally necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment