Friday, July 17, 2015

Fatigue, Tennis, and Back to Routine

Yesterday was the first day since coming home from Camp Calvin I did not feel fatigued or on edge.  I took the kids to Neskowin Beach and we had a wonderful day.  I had so much fun with them and I loved exploring a new coastal town.  We were home at a decent hour too.

I went off my anxiety medication soon after school let out.  I noticed zero change whatsoever.  I was dealing with some stressful projects such as directing VBS, going to camp, Rob being gone for over a week, and the kids transitioning to summer.  It wasn't always easy, but I felt in control of my anxiety.  This past week was the first time I felt like I dealing with out of control anxiety again and it stunk.  However, it was only one day (Wednesday) and I felt calm and totally normal yesterday as well as today.  As Rob and I talked and sorted it out, we attributed to a bunch of other factors.  Which makes me think I don't really need to call Dr. V yet and go back on.  The fall will be a bigger factor once I go back to work.

The fatigue and emotional drain was frustrating.  I hated being so tired. Coming home and getting back into routine was much harder than I thought it would be.  For one I came home to lots of unfinished VBS follow-up and Camp Calvin follow-up which took up a lot of time.  I was sitting at the pool on Wednesday and I felt like I could have literally shut my eyes and been asleep in five minutes.  I'm used to having way more energy.

I did go swimming on Wednesday which I probably should not have.  Usually I get to swimming bleary eyed and tired.  But by the time I get in the pool I am woken up.  I feel quite energized by the end of the workout.  This was not the case.  Erica and I had a great workout.  I came home so tired and almost went back to bed.  I felt better in the evening and played tennis for the first time with Cheryl which was way more fun than I thought it would be.  We planned on doing this for a long time so I felt like I should not cancel on her.  I really wanted to go. I just did not want to be a drag because I was too tired. It was a great workout.  I can feel it in my arms.  I would like to try it again.

I decided not to go to Power on Thursday seeing if sleeping until 8 would help.  It totally did and I had way more energy.  This morning I again slept until 8 and went to 9:30 Power since Rob has the day off.  I didn't want to go at first, but I got more into it as time went on.  I had a good talk with the instructor about some IT band stretches.  It has not been hurting but I also haven't run since Tuesday.  It could take awhile to heal and it could be an ongoing problem if I continue to run marathons.

I will probably be less fatigued next week and more on a routine.  However we leave for vacation a week from Monday and then it will be the same thing all over again.  This is one of the reasons we planned very little for August.

No comments:

Post a Comment