Thursday, July 23, 2015

Anxiety, Bike Ride, and Back to Good Eating

I am still dealing with off and on anxiety issues.  Saturday morning it came on strong and I ended up not biking or doing any kind of exercise.  I felt better by late morning.  We spent most of the day at the Jefferson festival and at the pool.  We went out to dinner and played games at night.  I was feeling significantly better.  Sunday morning I biked about 17 miles to Independence and back.  It went great.  I was very proud of myself for getting up and getting a ride in especially on a Sunday.  The rest of the day was good.  On Monday I slept until 7:30ish and did not exercise.  I really did not have any anxiety issues that I can recall.  I ran with Tracy on Tuesday.  We ran 5 miles and I had no IT band issues. It was wonderful to run without any pain.  It also was nice it was a bit cooler out.  My anxiety felt high in the afternoon and evening.  I felt out of control of my emotions and jittery.  It lingered into yesterday morning.  I did get up and swim, but I drove all the way the pool and realized my goggles were in my other swim bag.  I had to go all the way back.  I missed like the first 15 minutes of the workout.  I could have stayed later since I didn't have to be home until 8.  I probably should have.  I just did not have the motivation.  I wanted to be done since everyone else was.  I realized how much I need my swimming friends or I don't complete workouts or try my hardest.  My anxiety got significantly less as the day went on.

Some of the kids are going to bed too late and getting up super early...like sometimes before 6 AM.  I felt like I had toddlers yesterday and this morning.  It was like 2 year old tantrums.  I about lost it.

I did not go to Power this morning.  I decided when the alarm went off I needed the extra sleep.  My body felt fatigued after swimming yesterday and then hockey last night.  I think getting in 5 workouts a week is fine.  I'm not going to beat myself up for taking two days off instead of one.

Thankfully I am eating better.  Back to my salads and fruit.  No more candy bar cravings.  Or chips.  We won't be eating great on vacation but we won't be eating crazy like at camp.  So I think I will be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment