Monday, May 18, 2015

And yes it's May

I have not posted yet it May!  Where did this month go!?  After I got over my throat cold I had an awesome week of exercise.  A beautiful 10 mile run on a Monday morning, a great run with Tracy, and a 20 miler the day before Mother's Day.  The 20 miler wasn't as great as my other two, but I completed it nonetheless and felt good.  I got my garden planted and worked in it faithfully.  I got to Group Ride and kept up with swimming.

Last week we left for St. Louis on the Red Eye Tuesday night.  I went to Ride on Monday and ran Tuesday morning with Tracy.  I planned on running twice in St. Louis, but it did not happen.  Early Thursday morning in St. Louis I woke up with an uncomfortable pain in my stomach that only got worse.  I was up every hour and a half throwing up.  By 8 AM I just felt so weak and listless I pretty much slept the whole day. I only drank Gatorade and Sprite and ate nothing. By 7 PM I was feeling significantly better but still queasy stomach and just tired. I texted Laura who was watching our kids and had something similar on Tuesday.  We had the exact same symptoms and I am pretty sure I caught it from the child care kids.  By 1 AM I woke up and felt even better and knew with more sleep I'd be fine by the late morning.  I was OK the rest of the time in St. Louis.  My appetite was just messed up for days (it's still not totally back to normal) and I got queasy in crowds and in the heat, but I did OK. I think I lost a couple pounds because I ate no desserts and only like two meals a day which were really small. Ironically the only things that sounded good to me were fresh fruit and salad. I am still eating small meals. It was a great trip and glad I only missed a day and my appetite is slowly getting back to normal and my strength is fully back.

Today was getting back in the swing of the things.  I have a lot to do this week, but it's slowly getting done.  I will start exercising tomorrow (Tuesday) by running with Tracy.  I am so glad to be on the taper and I am getting excited for Minneapolis coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment