Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 3 -9

Monday - Ran 4 miles

I skipped the track workout because I had three articles due which was a bit overwhelming at the time.  I still got up at 5, but didn't get out of bed until 5:30.  I ran and then was able to do a little writing and get a jumpstart on it before kids got up.  Good run  Not too rainy and fairly warm.  I could run in shorts.

Tuesday - Rest

Love Tuesday rest days!

Wednesday - Swam 1 hour

Kristin brought a workout and it was pretty simple.  Lots of 100's--I cut some down to 50's.  I shared a lane with the girl who came a couple weeks ago and kept wanting to borrow my pull buoy.  She was really sweet today and I enjoyed talking to her briefly.  The pool was pretty busy again.  Hailey has been sick since Monday afternoon and her temp climbed to 103.  She has not been this sick since she was like 3 years old.  Poor girl.  The GEMS girls made her card and tote bag and prayed for her--I was so touched I almost cried.  I think it's mostly due to PMS, but so many things are making me cry--I feel like a basket case.  I was listening to an old Jars of Clay song yesterday and started crying.

Thursday - Power & biked 27 minutes

Good morning and great to be back at Power.  Jen is gone now and not teaching anymore.  I really liked her.  I do like Sarah as well--she explains things well and is pretty chipper--but not obnoxious.  I biked afterwards instead of ran.  Hailey still sick and staying home from school again.  Still feverish and no appetite.

Friday - Group Ride

I am naturally waking up early again--feels nice to have my body programmed to rise and shine (though not always shining).  Ride was good, but I did not overly push myself as hard because I feel sore from the some of the workouts earlier in the week.  Really obnoxious guy in the class that kept talking and cracking jokes and saying things that were not funny--started to get annoying.  I think the teacher was trying to laugh, but nor give him extra attention--kind of looked like she wished he would shut up.  It was a good workout though and I am glad I made it there.  Hopefully Hailey is better this morning and can go to school.  No one else got it yet that we know of.  I hadn't seen her that sick in awhile.  So glad she had no fever last night and finally ate a meal.  It's hard when your kids are sick.

Saturday - Brick Workout:  Swam 25 minutes, Run 25 minutes

My birthday!  Really good swim.  Did a modified version of what we do Wednesday mornings.  I ran on the treadmill at a slightly slower speed than normal and no incline--I actually enjoyed running on the treadmill versus hating every minutes of it.  Originally I hoped to run outside, but the weather was too nasty.

Sunday - Ran 7 miles

I decided to run right after church instead of morning.  Getting up was hard because of daylight savings.  Plus the weather improved as the day went on.  It was nice and warm--ran in shorts and a t-shirt.  I ran around the Wes Bennet neighborhood, up Sunnyside, and finishing off in the neighborhood behind Salem Swim & Tennis.  Good run! No rain at all--just cloud cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment