Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Short Break

I had planned on taking Sunday off after the Mud Run.  I was so incredibly tired after church.  I think I slept well over an hour on the couch.  The bee stung my right ankle.  It was itchy and a little sore, but it didn't hurt that bad.  It hurt more as the day went on.

On Monday I woke up and it was more swollen and hurt really bad.  I was limping. I could probably run, but why put myself in more pain than what I already am?  I called the doctor just to make sure I was using the right cream and taking the right medication.  Plus we leave for St. Maarten on Wednesday.  If I needed an antibiotic ointment or anything, I wanted it now.  Dr. V's office said just to ice it and take Claritin or Benadryl.

I felt OK after the pumpkin patch, but I was walking around almost the whole morning.  I probably sat for a half hour at the most.  It was getting really painful.  Rob looked at it and touched the punctured area and I about cried.  I was stung at least twice...possibly three times.  I iced it while the kids played on the church playground.  That helped.  It was still pretty swollen.  I took a Tylenol for pain and that helped significantly.  I also took a Claritin.

Right now it's not as painful.  I have been walking normally.  It just itches like crazy.  The swelling has gone down considerably.  I will be fine.

What I learned about Benadryl is that it makes me very loopy and woozy.  I also learned it doesn't help me sleep--it does the exact opposite.  The last two nights I have taken it, I've had restless broken sleep. Normally I sleep very well, but not the last two nights.  I don't feel rested. I had a hard time getting up this morning.  Ugh I don't like Benadryl anymore.

Tomorrow we leave for St. Maarten.  I will probably work out in the exercise center a few times, but I'm not following any kind of training plan until we're back.

No comments:

Post a Comment