Monday, July 1, 2013

Sept Tri Week #2

Monday - Ran 4 miles

Going to be a scorching week until around Thursday.  Was supposed to hit 95 today.  I got out by 6:45 and I could already feel the humidity.  I ran the Skyline to Davis route which I have not run in over a year.  I told myself I would allow myself to walk whenever I needed.  It was hard to catch my breath.  I only had to do two little short walk breaks.  My pace was slower...I could tell.  I went through a whole small water bottle.  It was great to get out and run especially before the heat of the day.  It was just was a harder run compared to other days.

Tuesday - Biked 1 hour

Got out again around the same time...around 6:45.  Did the Rees Hill route.  Didn't feel as hot out as yesterday morning, but still going to be a hot day.  Was happy I get to escape and go to the coast.  My neck and back are sore, but I am pretty sure that's from weeding the garden not biking.

Wednesday - Swam 1 hour

Despite being at the coast all day and still unpacking the van at 9PM, I told myself I AM going to swim with the triathletes in the morning.  I didn't really sleep well.  The A/C is fixed, but's still muggy at night.  I got a little sunburned and never sleep well with sunburn.  I still managed to get to the gym super early and thankful for a more intense workout.  I need it and I don't push myself enough when I am going solo.  We did some side drills which will help me on weaker side.

Thursday - Ran/Walk 2.6 miles with Hailey

Hailey and I ran the Monmouth mini marathon and she did great.  Finished in a little over 31 minutes.  She ran/walked it and didn't complain hardly at all.  Weather was perfect too.  Fun morning.

Friday - Ran 5 miles

Kind of a lazy day.  We slept in.  Then tried to get some things done around the house.  I ended up going running in the early evening.  It was good run despite feeling a little tired.

Saturday - Brick Workout:  Swam half hour, Biked 40 minutes

Did a swim plan workout in the pool followed by biking about 40 minutes on the stationary bike in the afternoon.  Good workout.

Sunday - Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment