Monday, June 3, 2013

Tri/Half Week #1

Monday - Ran 3 miles

Yay!  Exercise is back!  Good week too.  Lots of sun and warmth after about 10 days of rain.  I ran my regular 3 mile route thinking I would need to walk at time after the break (and eating bad too).  But I felt great and the break was probably what my body was asking for.

I don't know what I'm doing next.  I would like to do Best of the West tri in September but only if I can get some open water practices in.  The reservoir is a 45 minute drive which might make scheduling tricky.  Matt said I could swim in his lake so that might be a possibility too.

Albany is having their first ever half marathon this August.  It's pretty cheap and I know someone else doing it.  So that might be a possibility too.  The summer is by far the best time to run here and train as we have cool mornings and evenings and zero rain between July and September.  I'm sure I'll decide soon.

For now the only thing I am committing to is the Monmouth Mini (2.6 mile) on 4th of July with Hailey.

Tuesday - 45 minute bike ride

Rob worked from home this morning after he dropped Hailey off from school and I was able to do the Rees Hill loop.  Such a nice ride!  Really enjoyed getting by bike out again.

Going to swim with the triathletes tomorrow morning.  Haven't swam with them since before the triathlon.  Hope I survive.

Wednesday - Swam 50 minutes

Last year after Rob came home from St. Louis, it was a very very difficult next few weeks.  Like it was harder than he was away.  If anyone has ever dealt with anxiety or depression, they would totally get it.  While he was away last year, I was in "I can do this.  I can survive" mode and I did really well.  When he came home, I knew he was back and the load was slightly lifted.  He came to our weekend camp church out (which neither of us really wanted to go to but we kind of had to) less than 24 hours after being home and jumped right into meeting after meeting. I felt abandoned, tired, and constantly on the edge of emotions.  I was an emotional wreck to the point I lost it an Educational meeting and realized I was NOT doing well.  I really didn't start "to feel better" until mid July and significantly better until mid August.  This past year has been one of the most stable years I have had mood wise in a very long time...if ever.

I knew this week (the week post St. Louis) would be hard.  It has been more emotional than others and honestly I don't feel the greatest right now mood wise and I haven't all week--but I am doing TONS better than last year.  I haven't lashed out on the kids or gotten overly annoyed with them.  The house is not driving me crazy.  The weather has been summery and gorgeous.  I have been able to jump right back into early morning exercise.  So I hoping next week is even better.

This morning I went swimming and none of the triathletes were in the pool.  I feel like I am on the Seinfeld episode where Jerry doesn't know the same of his girlfriend.  The girl I have gotten to know the most and given me lots of triathlon advice went to Group Ride and we ran into one another later on in the locker room.  I don't know her name!  I feel so embarrassed because I have swam with her now for a few months and I still don't know her name.  I know everyone else's name.  She said that the other girls are out of town or have family visiting and won't be there next week either, but plan on being there the following week.  She said everyone is kind of in and out during the summer.  She told me about the website where she gets most her workouts.

This morning I did 1 x 100 Warm Up, 1 x 50 kickboard, 1 x 200 pull, 5 x 100 fast, 1 x 50 kickboard, 1 x 200 pull, 2 x 100 (back stroke & free), and 1 x 50 cool down.  It was a great workout!

Thursday - Rest

Full Day!

Friday - Brick:  Swim approx. 25 minutes Run 5 K

I did a swim workout off Swim Plan and it was great.  Felt like I was gliding through the pool and increasing my pace.  Running was crummy on the treadmill.  The arches on my feet hurt--maybe from wearing flip flops all the time?  I felt like I couldn't breathe.  At times I felt like I was about to gag.  Not fun.  Was happy when it was over.  I only ran for 28 minutes--the 5K track.

Saturday - Ran 5 miles

Running was better today.  Did my regular 5 mile route through Sumpter neighborhood.  First run in 80 degree temps so I did stop extra to drink water.  I went through a whole water bottle.  I had to go slow, but I felt good through most of the run.  Hoping to increase my mileage each weekend.

Sunday - Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment