Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 9-13

Monday - Biked 50 minutes

Everyone is pretty much back to normal.  Including me.  The sickness has left the building.  I had a great bike ride during Rob's lunch.  Hit the hills fine and enjoyed it.  Getting more confident on the bike.

Tuesday - Ran 3 miles

It hurt at first and my legs were tight.  I have only run once since the marathon.  Once I went a half mile, I went fine and got right back into the groove.  I ran to Woodsmansee Park and back so I could stop there for water.

Wednesday - Group Power (60 minutes) and ran 2 miles

So nice to be back at Group Power.  It's been about 18 months!  And some of the same people are still there.  I recognized a few of them.  New instructor and I think I had her in Group Ride once before.  I kept the weight low and it was good.  The only track that I struggled with was shoulders and biceps which was the always the case before.  I didn't do much weight lifting when I trained for Seattle, but I am pretty in shape.  So it wasn't as hard as when I started Group Power before.  I am probably only going to go to early morning Group Power one day a week.  I love the early morning, but I can't handle it more than once a week.  I think I need more sleep than the average person and I can't get by on 6 1/2 night after night.  Maybe when I was in my 20's (and even then it probably contributed to some of my depression), but not now.

I also ran two miles on the treadmill.  I kept the speed a little lower since I had worked out for an hour.  It went fine.

I realized why it was easier schedule wise to do a spring marathon versus a fall.  Our summer schedule varies week to week.  We're out more evenings and lunch times.  Now being in Philly in a little over a week, I'm not going to be able to exercise at all.  I'm hoping to run a couple times in Canada.  If I do another marathon, it is going to have to be a May or June one again.

Thursday - Bike 20 minutes and Swam 15 minutes

I went to the gym around 6:15 AM.  I did the stationary bike which I can do fine now that I have an Ipod.  Before the ipod, I was bored and hated it.  I would rather ride my bike outside, but the stationary one is OK.  The problem was the strap was broken on one of the pedals and I was too far into the workout to switch to another bike.  I dealt with it, but it was kind of pain.  One thing that used to scare me out running was I was afraid everyone was watching me (when I knew they weren't).  I don't have that when I run anymore, but sometimes I have it when I do other workouts I don't have as much experience in!

Then I swam.  It was the first time I realized doing a sprint triathlon is doable.  I can get up to 9 laps.  I did almost two straight.  I am understanding swimming better thanks to watching Hailey's swimming lessons and talking to a few swimmers.  I still want a couple lessons, but I think I can do it.  I'm still not getting the breathing totally right and still having the tendency to flatten my legs.  I hope I can keep improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment