Monday, February 21, 2011

Week #3

Monday - Yoga Beauty AM - 46 minutes

This yoga program was slower and more focused which I really like compared to Centergy class. Of course Century is a mix of yoga, pilates, and tai chi (not sure if that is how you spell it). This was all straight yoga. The stretching felt amazing. Very renewing. Not too strenuous, but just enough that I felt like I was working all areas of my body. It was a little more new agey than I would have liked. The voiceovers were a little silly. Derek came in the last three minutes of it and asked, "Mommy, are you watching the Lion King?" Hailey liked the yoga instructor because she said she looked like Jasmine from Aladdin. You can tell we're on a Disney kick around here. :) Anyway I started at 6:30 AM which was a perfect time to do it. The kids normally get up at 7, but with not having school today they got up at 7:15. I am highly motivated right now and I love it! I really hope I can continue. I have been waking up and not being hit with this, "I don't want to get up and do this today" type feeling I was facing in late December/early January.

I think I was to try Yoga Sunrise and then decide which yoga program I like the best. So far I would have to say Yogaworks is my favorite, but that one was much faster and way more tiring...not sure if I would want to do it first thing in the morning.

Not sure if I am going to the 1/2 marathon or 5K in Eugene. Aletha is doing the 1/2 for sure and going up on Sunday morning so I could ride with her. Winter is speaking on Friday and I wouldn't mind going down for that. I have to talk to Rob and figure it out. He is hit with such extra this week with Herb's funeral and Classis that I almost want to wait to figure out our spring plans.

Tuesday - 2 Miles (Mile #1 - 7:34 Mile #2 - 16:19)

First mile was a little slower, but second mile was faster than normal! I am getting better at pushing myself as they say runners should be: "comfortable with being uncomfortable." I was too cold...should have worn a knit hat versus my visor. The temperature dropped over the last 24 hours. It's been raining in and out all day, but I got out during Rob's tea break (around 3ish) and it was not raining at the moment.

I am not doing the half. My reason is because I cannot leave Rob with all his responsibilities and all three kids on a Sunday again. Once a year or every other year is OK, but not less than six months later. If he were off that Sunday, that is one thing. But he's not off so it will not work. I am OK with it. I would love to run with Aletha, but it won't work. I will be doing the Team Winter 5K the day before (on Saturday) and we might stay in Eugene overnight. That should still be fun. I am still following the easy half training plan to get my mileage up. It could be I do a half this summer or train for a full for next fall or spring of 2012. I would love, love to do the Newport Marathon...who would not want to run a marathon on the Oregon Coast!? Or else Chicago or Grand Rapids 2012. We'll see...the possibilities are endless.

Wednesday - Ran 3.5 miles & Fitness 360 Cardio (25 minutes)

I figured I should try and get out and run today. With the "snowstorm" or whatever you want to call it...if it actually does hit Salem...will probably keep me from being able to run tomorrow. No one plows the roads and the ice along the sides of the road is too much. Our schedule has been jam packed. Since small group was cancelled tonight and we were just having a simple dinner, I ran from 5:30 - 6 while Rob made dinner. It was just getting dark when I got back...nice to have a little more daylight. I did the Lone Oak to Holder back to Liberty route. At first I felt winded and tight, but I felt great once I got to Holder. It was much colder. The temperature on the cleaners said it 33, but it did not feel like it was that cold. I wore my running shirt, jacket, knit hat, and mittens...and I was not too warm. Reminded me of the back in the day doing long runs in Michigan wearing a sweatshirt in between my long sleeved running shirt and jacket plus spandex pants with wind pants over them. I think one time I even wore a scarf. :) And I was the only one crazy enough to be running in that.

Because small group was canceled I got caught up on Animal Science and Banner work this afternoon while the kiddos were napping, I did Fitness 360 tonight. I felt different doing it at night especially after I ran. It was a really good workout especially for the abs.

Now I am really, really hoping I don't get whatever Derek had and whatever Kara might have. And if I do get it, it's mild. We'll wait and see...not quite in the clear yet.

Thursday - Yogaworks Beginners 45 minutes

I like this program the best and I think it is the one I am going to stick with at this point. I like it how they talk through each pose to make sure you are stretching the right muscles--something I did not get with Centergy. Centergy also moved so much faster. I liked how this slow and progressing to one pose to the next with time to breathe in between. It felt really good especially on my hamstring muscles. I could have run this afternoon because the snow was all metled by 11 AM, but I am glad I got in yesterday evening. Enjoyed being home all day tackling things and spending extra time with Hailey (who had a snow day).

Friday, Saturday & Sunday

I did not run all weekend because we were in Portland and I could not get away. I was planning on running on Friday, but I had too many other things to catch up on. It was a pretty busy day with the funeral. I did some cross training in Portland--walking around the airport and IKEA plus playing with the kids in the pool. I was hoping to run Sunday afternoon when I got back. Rob really needed to sleep all afternoon so I couldn't leave him with the kids. As of right now everyone has gotten sick but me. Am I doomed to get it earlier next week? Or did I get lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment