Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Changing bodies

I've not been keeping up this blog at all but I have been exercising this fall pretty faithfully.  I had a bad sore throat in late September that felt like strep.  I did go in and it wasn't strep--just a nasty virus.  That kept me out of the gym and running for a week.  While were in Florida I also did not run, but we did tons of walking. This past week I caught a nasty cold from the day care kids but I was only out Saturday, Sunday & yesterday.  Still could work yesterday and felt fine--just could not get up early and go to the gym.

I feel like since I am nearing 40 my body is not what it once was.  That is hard for me to accept.  I never used to call the doctor or go in for things because I never really needed to.  Now I am dealing with a female problem that I am hoping will resolve itself.  I have been having IT band again off and on when I run.  I am not sure if it is that because it is not as intense as before.  It is still pain and I question if my marathon running days are over and I can only do shorter distances.

Rolling, stretching, weight training really seems to help.  My muscles are really tight from laying around most of the weekend.  I have not stretched since Friday.  This morning I ran with Tracy.  It was one of those mornings where I did not have a hard time getting up and I felt energetic for once.  While we were running my chest felt tight, breathing was hard, and I had a side stitch off and on which I don't usually get.  My IT band started hurting around third mile.  I got through it and completed four and a half miles.  I need to use this blog to track how often the leg pain occurs.  I am really enjoying running this fall--like I have been doing awesome on hills like never before.  My speed was up.  I am hoping taking better care of my body with good stretching, rolling, and strengthening my glutes will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment