Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Chicago and back again

So last week was a very full week.  I did run with Tracy Monday morning and it was a decent run.  On Monday night I had to write two articles for the Banner and I did not get done until after 9 PM.  I managed to get to Power Tuesday morning and I think I pulled something in my back or neck because it hasn't been the same since.  And I have had to take Tylenol because of it which I rarely have to do.  Anyway I had counseling Tuesday night and then shopping for the last ETM meeting.  I did not get home until after 8.  Wednesday I did make it to swim and had a great workout.  It was long busy day ending with our last ETM that night.  I decided to take Thursday off.  I was not sure if I would be able to do anything the rest of the week.  I left for Chicago early Friday morning (I had to get up at 2:30 AM) and had to catch the bus at 3:30 and my plane left at 6:30.  It was a super early morning but I slept the first half of the flight.

Our time in Chicago was wonderful and a big celebration for my dad.  Good quality family time.  We did quite a bit of walking on Saturday and helping my parents move boxes in the evening.  That was a workout.  I was crawling around on my knees in the crawl space pushing boxes--this might have been when I strained my shoulder/neck.

I got home late Sunday night at 12:30 PM but had to be up by 6:30 for work.  I managed to stay on Pacific time while in Chicago.  I went to bed at 12:30 AM and slept until 8:30 AM which is 10:30 to 6:30 Pacific.  The travel and fatigue caught up to me and I was pretty tired Monday night and most of Tuesday.  I decided to wait until today to get back into the exercise routine.  I swam with Erica this morning.  Tracy broke her radius biking last weekend...I hate hearing these biking stories because it only adds to my cycling anxiety.

Next week will be a little off with Rob in Ukraine but I can get a couple decent workouts in.  I think I am going to the sprint tri instead of the Olympic.  With Rob in Ukraine and both camp and the Michigan trip in June--my training cannot be consistent.  That is OK.  I am perfectly OK with that.

My neck still hurts.  Rob massaged some of the kinks out of it last night but it feels all tight again this morning. I am not nearly as tired and I have very little in the evenings now that youth group & Bible Study are over.  It's just work and end of the year school stuff from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment