Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sluggish Running

I meant to take two weeks off. Well that turned into four. I guess I can blame the holidays and the crazy schedule. We did a lot these last two weeks. Rob has worked extra hours in the day along with leading extra services. I also dealt with some pretty extreme mood swings. I have always been someone who is more "up" in good times and "border line depressed" in struggling times. On Sunday and Monday it was so strong, I felt at times I could hardly function. I worried about the effect it was having on Rob and the kids. I felt anxious and "unsafe" like I needed Rob to be home with me (which is unrealistic). It is related to hormones. It has gotten more extreme in the past few months. I know if I just hang on, it will be gone in a few days. I was exactly right. It's always 2-3 really, really bad days. I am not sure what I'm going to do about it. Because it was a really, really bad two days. I just don't want that every single month. I am leaning towards some natural methods I learned in counseling about fifteen years ago. I think I am going to see my OB to just understand what my options are.

Anyway this was a huge reason why I did not run on Monday. I was planning on running during Rob's lunch. Then with us being at the coast and the New Years Eve events, it makes the most sense to start up after all that is over. I think I can do it this time. I do miss running. The break was nice and much needed, but it's time to get moving again.

No comments:

Post a Comment